Are you looking for a top law firm to provide legal services? Perhaps you are looking for a legal advice from an experienced corporate lawyer or a business lawyer Toronto team. If so, you are in the right place.
Hummingbird LLP offers a complete range of corporate legal services that compliment your greater strategic objectives. Corporate law and business law is our expertise!
Our Toronto business law team’s real-world entrepreneurial experience allows us to take a 360-degree view of your legal exposure to ensure the long-term viability of your venture. Our integrated approach supports your overall strategy, protects your intellectual property, and minimizes your legal risk in the medium and long terms.
Business Lawyer Toronto Team
We act for start-ups, franchisees, and franchisors in a variety of matters, and represent professionals and companies with a focus on family enterprise, retail, media, information technology, construction and real estate ventures. Our corporate team works in close collaboration with our colleagues in the Hummingbird Network to ensure that all legal decisions align with your core business interests – including raising capital, commercial mortgages, accounting, commercialization, and more.
Incorporation – Business Form & Structure
Our business lawyers help clients choose the best business structure for the organization and its divisions, paying close attention and consideration to legal issues such as personal liability, tax, and financial matters and efficiency.
Whether carrying on business as a partnership or a corporation, any business that has more than one owner should consider a partnership or shareholders agreement to mitigate possible issues including:
- Management and voting rights
- Financing requirements
- Transfer of Ownership Interests
Purchase and Sale of a Business
The purchase or sale of a business is one of the most significant and important transactions with which to proceed. We will provide critical legal advice from the very outset to assist with:
- Due diligence in evaluating potential deals
- Negotiating offers and letters of intent
- Structuring the transaction, whether it is assets or shares
- Closing the deal – without surprises and ensuring you get what you bargained for
- Reporting and providing necessary legal opinions
In cases needing more sustained attention, consider enlisting Hummingbird LLP Outsourced Counsel that provides for a dedicated legal presence on your senior management team.
Our full suite of Business Lawyer and Corporate Law Specialties
Covering Any Corporate Matters With A wide variety Of Law Services:
- Business Formation
- Large and small business legal advice
- Establishing Corporations, Partnerships, and Joint Ventures
- Preparing and Negotiating Shareholder and Partnership Agreements
- Nonprofit Corporations
- Corporate Restructurings and Reorganizations
- Planning Acquisition Strategies
- Licensing, Distribution, Marketing, and Franchising Arrangements
- Equity and Cash Incentive Arrangements
- Stock Option Plans
- Option Agreements
- Employee Incentive Plans
- Corporate Record Maintenance
- Customer, Supply and Outsourcing Agreements
- Board and Committee Structures and Procedures
- Developing Appropriate and Tax-Efficient Transaction Structures
- Implementing Transactional Aspects of a Deal
- Director’s and Officer’s Liability.
- Director’s and Officer’s Insurance
- Management Succession and Executive Compensation
- Private Financings
- Management Buyouts
- Regulatory Compliance Requirements
- Shareholder Relations and Disputes
- Business Plans and Procurement Bids
- Business Contracts
Hummingbird Lawyers LLP is one of the top corporate law firms in the greater Toronto area. Our corporate lawyers in Toronto and business lawyers Toronto team are available to work with clients from all around the greater Toronto area.
For more information on our corporate services, please contact Andrew Fortis.