What is Hummingbird Virtual Estate Planning?
Hummingbird’s Virtual Estate Planning was launched in response to Canadians who seek estate planning services during the evolution of COVID-19. Launching this service has allowed us to serve those Canadians remotely to uphold the well-being of our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Our lawyers will guide you through the estate planning process of drafting your Will, Power of Attorney, including Power of Attorney for Personal Care. Our lawyers will also review your drafts with you in real-time completely remotely.
What will I need?
You will need to have the following handy:
- Access to a webcam and a microphone through your cell phone, computer or tablet.
- Internet access;
- A private setting (i.e. a room in your house);
- Valid government-issued identification (i.e. Passport/Driver’s License); and
- Access to a printer (optional).
How does this service work?
- As a first step, you will need to fill out our free easy-to-use Personal Intake Form For Estate Planning.
- Once filled out, your intake form will automatically be submitted to a lawyer from our Wills & Estates practice group. Our lawyer will reach out to you to discuss your plans over the telephone and provide you with their personal recommendations.
- After you sign our retainer, we will immediately get to work to prepare your estate planning documents.
- We will then schedule an appointment for you to review the draft with one of our lawyers in real-time remotely.
- Once you have had a chance to approve and finalize your estate planning documents, you will receive instructions on signing your documents.
How do I get started?
To get started, please click this link to fill out the Personal Intake Form For Estate Planning.
For all other inquiries, please fill out this form and our Wills & Estates lawyer will get back to you: